Scholarship is among the guiding principles of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and motivates the members of Delta Gamma Sigma Chapter to provide collegiate financial support to ambitious African American male scholars. Financial assistance will be awarded to one minority male in the sum of $500. The scholarship will be a one-year, non-renewable grant.
To be considered for the scholarship, an eligible applicant must meet all the following:
- a male of African American heritage
- a graduating high school senior
- in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- possess a grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- resident of Delaware’s Kent or Sussex Counties.
Applicant is required to submit:
- Official transcript
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from a teacher, community leader, and/or a high school administrator
- Prepared statement that details why you should be awarded this scholarship.